This month's Index
Subject: questions about the autotools
questions about the autotools
From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:10:53 +0100
Here are some questions about the autotools. Can you please comment them ?
1) Where are grep, grep -E and ar used in the autotools ? It is said that it
2) Instead of your sed check, what about using AC_PROG_SED ?
3) The current use of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE is deprecated. See:
In addition, you don't need the version in ares_ver.h as it is already
4) There is a check to build static libraries with PIC on AMD64-Linux &
5) For Windows desktop, if winsock2 header is available, you do
if test "$ac_cv_header_winsock2_h" = "yes"; then
you don't check here the Windows CE platform. In that case the library is
6) ssize_t is defined on Windows and it is named SSIZE_T :
fails, then check for SSIZE_T.
7) You use LIBS to defined the value of the Libs.private entry of