Subject: Patch to add TTL to returned structures for SOA, TXT, SRV and MX

Patch to add TTL to returned structures for SOA, TXT, SRV and MX

From: Mark Delany <e9y_at_bravo.emu.st>
Date: 31 Jul 2013 15:05:21 +0000

(Resent. I don't think it made the list last time)

Hi.

I didn't get much discussion from my previous thread so I went ahead
and made a minimalist patch to add ttl to the end of the structures of
most of the missing ones.

The changes to each parse method are the same. A ttl has been added to
the end of the returned structure and the parse code has been changed
to populate that field.

Since the field is at the end of the structure, that should have no
impact on existing code. I didn't see the point in inventing a whole
new structure with the additional ttl field.

The patch includes changes to the man pages.

This patch is against c-ares-1.10.0

Mark.