Subject: Next IPv6 Patch

Next IPv6 Patch

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: 2005-03-25

Ok, here's the next IPv6 patch for c-ares! This one adds IPv6 support to
ares_gethostbyaddr. It supports IPv6 in both DNS server and file lookups. In
order to make this work, I needed an inet_pton function, so I just stole the
one from libcurl. To make ares_gethostbyaddr use IPv6, you simple specify
AF_INET6 rather than AF_INET.

There is still one "issue" that needs to be worked out. We have the AF_INET6
defined in setup.h, but we're going to also need to export this value to the
user (so that they can use AF_INET6 even if the system doesn't have it.) So
I was thinking, perhaps we should include setup.h in ares.h?

Also, if anyone could work on adding Windows support to these IPv6 patches,
that'd be great. My guess is, this patch will have the same problem as the
first patch (ws2tcpip.h is needed or something)

Dominick Meglio