Subject: Re: Next IPv6 Patch

Re: Next IPv6 Patch

From: codemastr <codemstr_at_ptd.net>
Date: 2005-04-01

> Thanks, this applied nicely. You forgot the inet_pton.h header though,
> which made the build fail when I tried a win32 cross-compile... It worked
> fine on my Linux attempts though. Can you provide the header file
> separately for me? Then I can test it and commit if it seems to be OK.
Hmm, indeed, it is now attached. Hopefully it will work fine on a system
without inet_pton now.

> 2. Provide ares-specific versions of those defines: ARES_AF_INET and
> ARES_AF_INET6.
This will work fine for the AF_INET* stuff, however, I'm not so sure this is
the best idea for other things. For example, ares_getaddrinfo. We might need
to create struct addrinfo in the case where the system does not have it. Do
you think calling it struct ares_addrinfo is a good idea? To me, that seems
like it will lead to confusion when users want to pass this structure to a
standard C function that expects struct addrinfo.

Dominick Meglio