Subject: Re: ares library with WinCE

Re: ares library with WinCE

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-04-25

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, julien thai wrote:

> I am trying to port resiprocate library to winCE. To do that, at first i
> have to port ares library to winCE. I am using embedded visual C++ 4;0, when
> i tried ot compile ares library.

> The error is: compile doesnot find the sys/types.h and sys/time.h
> How can i do in this situation?

All such #include lines should be written like:

#ifdef HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif

etc

The defines for what includes that exist are generated by configure for all
*nix-like systems. I believe you should create a config-win32ce.h header file
to keep a set of handcoded defines for wince. That file would then be included
from setup.h if _WIN32_WCE is defined.

Good enough you think?

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library