Subject: Re: ares_init error?

Re: ares_init error?

From: julien thai <julienresiprocate_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2005-04-28

 Thank you so much your encourage.
 Today, by running in mode Debug of evc. In the end, i found that
 fopen in wince does not support errno, so it makes statue always
 return value 14.So i made some condition.And it work.
 I tried to test the example which i rebuilt for pocket pc 2003, i tried
to querry the ip of www.yahoo.com <http://www.yahoo.com>. Buit i failed.
After just 1000 times
looked carefully. I found that select always reponses 0 ( cos i test
with value of test1 )
  test1 = select(nfds,&read_fds,&write_fds,NULL,tvp);
ares_process(channel,&read_fds,&write_fds);

It means that time limit expried and nothing happened.
So in the end, i am using ethereal to capter the packet.
I found that from emulator PPC 2003, the packet to querry
send very well, and ethereal capter successful the response
from DNS.
 Why the fonction select always make fd_count in &read_fds
to 0. I don't understand, cos in win32, il always differ 0.
 What do you think?
How should i do to test?
I also try to write a client/ server in ppc 2003 and a program
ping in ppc 2003, it runs successful, and brings to me the
IP address of www.yahoo.com <http://www.yahoo.com>
 Waiting your advices.
 Julien