Subject: Re: ares_init error?

Re: ares_init error?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2005-04-29

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, julien thai wrote:

> Today, by running in mode Debug of evc. In the end, i found that fopen in
> wince does not support errno, so it makes statue always return value 14.So i
> made some condition.And it work.

Right. That is actually a rather bad assumption...

> I found that select always reponses 0 ( cos i test
> with value of test1 )
> test1 = select(nfds,&read_fds,&write_fds,NULL,tvp);
> ares_process(channel,&read_fds,&write_fds);

> Why the fonction select always make fd_count in &read_fds to 0. I don't
> understand, cos in win32, il always differ 0. What do you think?

Sounds weird.

> How should i do to test?

Is the DNS reply coming back from the exact same IP that you sent it to?

I guess you need to figure out why c-ares doesn't get the data properly even
though it gets sent to it. I don't have any good shortcuts up my sleeve. :-(

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library