Subject: Re: Per query timeouts

Re: Per query timeouts

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-01-21

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, William Ahern wrote:

> I wouldn't mind an ares_gethostbyname_?? variant. Or, we could just not
> worry about it and wait for or design a better alternative interface for
> Ares. The old-style IPv4-era look-alike interfaces have other irredeemable
> qualities.

I think we shouldn't try to patch it into the current functions too kludgy,
but instead try to make an interface that we'll like to use even in the
future. APIs tend to stick...

I was gonna say that we'd better base it on Dominick's getaddrinfo() work, but
then I noticed that we had no man page for it... and then I noticed we don't
even have a getaddrinfo() version! :-O

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library