Subject: ANNOUNCE: c-ares 1.3.1

ANNOUNCE: c-ares 1.3.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: 2006-06-24

Hi

I've just uploaded and GPG-signed the new c-ares 1.3.1 release:

         http://daniel.haxx.se/projects/c-ares/

Changes since previous release include:

  o Removed flawed "big endian" DNS section and RR data integer parser
  o handles EAGAIN/EWOULDBLOCK errors in most I/O calls
  o removed C++ compiler detection from configure
  o added the ARES_OPT_SOCK_STATE_CB option
  o improved the getservbyport_r() configure check
  o now finds the hosts file on RISC OS
  o added ares_getsock()
  o ares_getnameinfo now uses getservbyport_r() if available
  o configure fix for sockaddr_in6

Thanks go to these friendly people for their efforts and contributions:

  Yang Tse, James Bursa, Alexander Lazic, Nick Mathewson, Bram Matthys,
  William Ahern

Have fun!

--
          -=- Daniel Stenberg -=- http://daniel.haxx.se -=-
   ech`echo xiun|tr nu oc|sed 'sx\([s\x]\)\([\xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol