Subject: Re: Can't build curl 7.15.5 with c-ares 1.3.1

Re: Can't build curl 7.15.5 with c-ares 1.3.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 00:00:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Bill Somerville wrote:

> Using curl 7.15.5 and putting c-ares 1.3.1 in a curl subdir 'ares' and
> setting --enable-ares in the curl config fails to build with:

> configure: error: c-ares library defective or too old
>
> I would prefer not to use CVS versions of either - is there a solution?

1. This is rather a libcurl problem and not a c-ares one. So the curl-library
    is probably a better place to discuss this issue.

2. It doesn't actually require a newer c-ares, that message/failure is wrong.

3. Can you try to first run configure and make in c-ares and then re-run this
    configure line in the curl root directory?

(And please take follow-ups to the curl-library list if the issue is indeed in
curl's configure/build setup.)

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library