Subject: Re: ares_getopt

Re: ares_getopt

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:06:57 +0200

2007/4/14, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, Yang Tse wrote:
>
> > It can be argued that if it is actually inside the library it can be easier
> > to use, and also that it shouldn't be in the library per-se since it has
> > nothing to do with the async resolver.
> >
> > Someone with a stronger feeling or idea which way it should actually be than
> > me ?
>
> I vote for it to be left outside the actual library.

Ok. Done.

Now ares_getopt() command-line parser function does not belong to
actual c-ares library. It is just a convinience source code helper
function for use in example programs adig.c and ahost.c

I think all changes needed have been done with the exception of
Makefile.dj which still needs to be changed, I'll leave that one for
Gisle since he's the DJGPP expert and might prefer to do it himself.

Thanks to Guenter Knauf for taking care of Netware's and MinGW's makefiles.

--
-=[Yang]=-