Subject: Re: pkg-config in addition to .la?

Re: pkg-config in addition to .la?

From: Andreas Schuldei <andreas+cares_at_schuldei.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:45:16 +0200

* Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se) [070726 23:59]:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
>
> >here is a cares.ps.in file that you could use (not sure this is entirely correct, this is a first try):
>
> Thanks, I've committed a libcares.pc.in file now as a first attempt and updated the configure script etc accordingly.

thank you very much!

my goal is to switch curl in debian to use c-ares as a "plugin",
meaning detecting its so-name at compile time and trying to
dlopen it in case it is available at run time. (This is in order
to keep the dependency list short and reduce overall system bloat.)

i am not sure yet if curl needs pkg-config too in order to make
that work well. Do you know? (i am not yet subscribed to the curl
mailing list.)

/andreas