Subject: Re: Extra params to callback functions and API changes

Re: Extra params to callback functions and API changes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:58:36 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Shmulik Regev wrote:

> Lets say you provide c-ares with a single nameserver to perform a
> gethostbyname query. And lets assume that the query times out. Then
> end_hquery (in ares_gethostbyname.c) is called with a ARES_ENOTFOUND status
> code which overrides the ARES_ETIMEOUT error that was actually returned for
> the first (and only) query. Is that clearer?

Yes it is, thanks. But I don't see how that will happen with the current code,
as now the original status code is saved and used if the file lookup fails, so
thus the end_hquery() function should be called with the original
ARES_ETIMEOUT.

Or am I wrong?

--
   c-ares -- my preferred DNS asynch resolver library