Subject: API Change 1.5.1 -> 1.5.2 ?

API Change 1.5.1 -> 1.5.2 ?

From: <DANIELLLANO_at_terra.es>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:43:29 +0200 (MEST)

I saw that you changed the API in c-ares from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2 but I did
not see any mention of this in the RELEASE-NOTES.

I think you should have either changed the major version of the library
with this API change, and announce correctly or either have renamed the
new functions and have the old functions call the new ones.

It did not cause too much trouble to distributions like Debian:
because it is not used by lots of packages, that just had to be recompiled.

So, I recommend you to either provide compatibility API to not break the
API or just bump the major version if you not feel like adding
compatibility API.

Daniel

Ahora también puedes acceder a tu correo Terra desde el móvil.
Infórmate pinchando aquí.