Subject: Re: [RFC] Support querying IPv6 servers

Re: [RFC] Support querying IPv6 servers

From: Gregor Jasny <jasny_at_vidsoft.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:44:36 +0100

(CCing Brad Spencer who initiated the transition)

Yang Tse wrote:
> Are there any more patches pending for the reSIProcate transition from
> ares to c-ares?

Starting from Brads email [1] there are two 'features' left:

1. TryServersOfNextNetworkUponRcode3

This seems to be a feature to help clients located in two different
networks (Internet + VPN). When one server replies with 'No such name',
  instead of giving up, ares tries another name server from a different
network. At the moment this feature seems to be available for Windows only.

resiprocate changeset:
https://svn.resiprocate.org/viewsvn/resiprocate?view=rev&revision=7225

mailing list thread:
http://list.resiprocate.org/archive/resiprocate-devel-old/msg06077.html

2. AfterSocketCreationFuncPtr

I haven't been able to find much information about the purpose of
the AfterSocketCreationFuncPtr feature, except I found some note
about it being related to QoS.

See also the (first) changeset:
https://svn.resiprocate.org/viewsvn/resiprocate?view=rev&revision=5811

So would you be willing to merge feature 1 and 2?

Thanks,
Gregor

[1] http://list.resiprocate.org/archive/resiprocate-devel/msg07078.html