Subject: Re: Callback for DNS query

Re: Callback for DNS query

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 23:16:22 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, Alexey Simak wrote:

> I suggest to call callback also before sending request to server. To
> implement this feature we can use existing callback( need to add new status
> code in this case ) or introduce a new request callback.
>
> Which way is preferable from your point of view?

I would prefer a new callback since the current callback as you say is used
for the response (or lack of response).

And if you do add a new callback, keep in mind that we don't want to break the
ABI so you should probably add that with a new ares_set_* function.

What about resolves that are done by the use of /etc/hosts etc? Will they call
the callback too?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se