Subject: Re: getting configuration info

Re: getting configuration info

From: Nathan Brink <ohnobinki_at_ohnopublishing.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:07:56 -0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Nathan Brink wrote:
>
>> Would it make sense for c-ares to be able to give its users
>> information about which DNS servers it talks to?
>
> Isn't this almost what ares_save_options() already does?

Yes. I didn't look hard enough at c-ares's API before posting to this
list. And it seems UnrealIRCD devs didn't either - unless if an older
version of c-ares didn't have the ares_save_options() function?
Thanks for the help, as I obviously know nothing about c-ares. Now I'll
go and bother unrealircd :-).

btw, the See Also section at
http://c-ares.haxx.se/ares_save_options.html has a bad link for
ares_init_options (3). This is related to the two ares_init() and
ares_init_options() sharing a manpage.

--
binki