Subject: Re: ARES_ECANCELLED

Re: ARES_ECANCELLED

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:45:23 +0300

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2009, Timo Teräs wrote:
>
>> Preliminary patch attached. This does change source code and binary
>> compatibility. Is it ok?
>
> It is still binary compatible, it only changes what error code it passes
> in and I think that is fine.

Sort of yes. You might get strange problems though since the error
code does not match anymore. Shouldn't be too problematic though.

>> Oh, and do you prefer canceled or cancelled? Both are correct. Or
>> maybe just have ARES_ECANCEL?
>
> Either one, I don't think it's that important!

I suggested ARES_ECANCELLED as I'm most used to that form.
ARES_ECANCEL would be language neutral. (Apparently "cancelled" is
American while "canceled" is English; or something like.)

I guess the patch might be good to apply then.

- Timo