Subject: Re: Compiling on Windows with Borland

Re: Compiling on Windows with Borland

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 16:20:12 +0200

2009/5/26, Matthew Fincham wrote:

> I am trying to compile version c-ares 1.6.0 on Windows using the Borland
> compiler - bcc32 5.6.4 (an old compiler, I know!).

You will need to write a Borland specific makefile 'Makefile.b32'.
Existing makefiles for mingw 'Makefile.m32' and for msvc
'Makefile.vc6' might help you for inspiration on doing this.

Additionally you might need to make some adjustment to 'config-win32.h'.

Initially, that's all that should be needed to use the old Borland compiler.

Just start doing it, and as you find specific problems ask for help.

--
-=[Yang]=-