Subject: -export-symbols-regex

-export-symbols-regex

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:35:50 +0200

Hi,

The -export-symbols-regex libtool option was introduced in libtool in
1999, now ten years later it certainly still misbehaves on solaris
systems using the solaris linker creating unusable shared libraries.

If this is the case with a platform widely available, I don't even
dare to imagine what will happen on less common systems.

My opinion is to remove now the -export-symbols-regex libtool option
introduced in Makefile.am nearly one month ago and never released.

And if someone wants to reduce the number of exported sysmbols provide
a patch based on the 'visibility' attribute for GNUC and __global for
Sun compilers, taking in account also Windows DLLs.

--
-=[Yang]=-