Subject: c-ares / libcares.a (ares_timeval.o) / Unrealircd on Solaris 10

c-ares / libcares.a (ares_timeval.o) / Unrealircd on Solaris 10

From: <db_at_dabo.ch>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:18:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

I have a problem regarding the c-ares library.

When I try to compile the UnrealIRCd-server (http://unrealircd.com/)
I get errors.

The best is, you read my whole entry on the following thread:
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=400900&tstart=0

The question is: Has the c-ares 1.5.2 the problem with libcares.a
(ares_timeval.o)? There is a unreferenced symbol.

How can I exchange the 1.5.2-lib through the 1.6.0 lib in the sourcecode
of the unrealircd-thing?
Can I delete the directory where the 1.5.2-lib was and copy there the new
version 1.6.0?

I have a little bit experience with Solaris but I suppose to be a beginner..

Thanks in advance
Daniel