Subject: Re: Compiling c-ares 1.7.0 on MAC OSX (v10.6 -- Snow Leopard)

Re: Compiling c-ares 1.7.0 on MAC OSX (v10.6 -- Snow Leopard)

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:06:26 +0100

2010/1/11, Dhruva T S wrote:

> I am trying to compile curl 7.19.4 with c-ares support on MAC OSX Snow
> Leopard(v10.6).
> When I run './configure' for c-ares 1.7.0, I get "checking for monotonic
> clock_gettime() ... no".

No problem there, if clock_gettime() is not available or usable then
gettimeofday() will be used.

> So when I run configure script for libcURL, I get an "error: c-ares library
> defective or too old"
> On googling, I came to know that as c-ares is unable to find 'librt' library
> in MAC OS X, I am getting this error.

The libcurl configure message It is not due to the lack of
clock_gettime(), it is most likely due to libcurl configure script
finding an installed c-ares library older than the 1.7.0 one that you
have just built, or not finding any at all.

Besides building c-ares 1.7.0, you must install it in some location in
order to use it.

Later on if you want libcurl to find your built library instead of an
older version installed in some default location then you must specify
the location of the 1.7.0 c-ares installed library specifying the
location with --enable-ares=PATH.

That should be enough.

--
-=[Yang]=-