Subject: Re: How to cancel a single gethostbyname request without canceling any others?

Re: How to cancel a single gethostbyname request without canceling any others?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:52:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Vitaly Kruglikov wrote:

> No, I can't see any way to do this. I consider it a shortcoming, but it's not
> easily fixed without changing the API for ares_gethostbyname() and adding a
> new function similar to ares_cancel() but for a specific query.
>
> Is this something that you plan to tackle, and if so, when?

The idea isn't really new:

         http://c-ares.haxx.se/mail/c-ares-archive-2006-02/0007.shtml

My situation in this project has been "half-baked" since quite some time:

         http://c-ares.haxx.se/mail/c-ares-archive-2006-02/0006.shtml

... so no, I would love to see this problem addressed but I'm most probably
not going to work on it myself.

I'm just the maintainer and some kind of leader here, I certainly do not write
c-ares myself and I never actually did most of the implementation work. Feel
free to step up and bring on your ambition and energy. We need all the help we
can get!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se