Subject: Re: many autobuilds currently broken ...

Re: many autobuilds currently broken ...

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 20:57:37 -0700

On 07/28/2010 07:43 PM, Guenter wrote:
> Ben,
> Am 28.07.2010 21:42, schrieb Ben Greear:
>> On 07/28/2010 12:38 PM, Guenter wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> just looked at the autobuild stats and found that many builds are
>>> currently broken; most of them because of c-ares, but there are also
>>> some other builds which have test errors which we should take a look
>>> at ...
>>
>> Is that because of c-ares bugs, or just c-ares isn't configured right
>> on those build systems?
>>
>> Please do post the bugs if you get a chance.
> the 1st problem is in ares.h line 320 -> uint32_t usage (and the only in
> the whole file)
> the 2nd problem is in ares_private.h line 264 -> uint32_t usage (and the
> only in the whole file)
>
> I guess that these things are part of your recent patch, or?
> If you need to make sure that its 4-byte cant you just do it the same
> way with char local_ipv4[4] as you do with char local_ipv6[16], and thus
> avoid uint32_t completely?
>
> The other remaining stuff I've not yet investigated, but seems this is
> ipv6-related.

I've been buried in kernel bugs for the last week or two..starting
to get some time again, so I'll look into the build failures tomorrow.

There should be some way to get a 32-bit number on all platforms w/out
undue hassle..hopefully I won't have to resort to using char arrays.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>