Subject: Parsing error for NAPTR in adig sample...

Parsing error for NAPTR in adig sample...

From: Patrik Thunström <patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:13:11 +0200

  Hi!

Evaluating various methods of handling NAPTR queries, I've been trying
out different tools and libraries for the task, and during this
evaluation I ran across a small "issue" in your adig example.

It is simply the last part of the NAPTR record, the replacement element,
which is not a string, as currently handled in adig, but a domain name.

The simple fix for this would be to replace the last
"ares_expand_string" to a "ares_expand_name" before the break, inside
the "case T_NAPTR" of the "display_rr" function.

Would this be sufficient to get the fix into the code base, or would you
like me to provide a patch?

Hope this can improve the display, and maybe make it easier for other
people evaluating c-ares for NAPTR handling, not to get stuck with the
same detail.

Best regards
Patrik Thunström / patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com