Subject: Re: Schedule for a 1.7.4 release

Re: Schedule for a 1.7.4 release

From: Patrik Thunström <patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:20:43 +0100

Daniel Stenberg skrev 2010-11-12 09:55:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Andrew C. Morrow wrote:
>
>> There have been several bug fixes and improvements to c-ares since
>> 1.7.3, which was released about 5 months ago. Is there a plan for a
>> 1.7.4 release sometime soon? If not, are there specific issues
>> blocking a new release?
>
> I don't think we have any real blockers and we can certainly make a
> release happen. I would like everyone who has outstanding issues or
> patches to speak up (again?) and make us aware of them so that we can
> act accordingly.
In the end of september i brought up that the adig parsing/displaying of
NAPTR replies wasn't correct, and submitted a patch to the list, which
hasn't received any feedback. It's a small 1 line change, which should
be easily verified.

In the same email as the patch, I also queried whether there was of any
interest with a ares_parse_naptr procedure or if this would only bloat
c-ares, as I'm assuming we're in quite the minority actually using naptr
records (seeing that they're for a quite specific use case). If of any
interest I can submit the routines we're using.

They're no major/showstopping issues/features, what so ever, just trying
to bring them up again so they're not forgotten.

> I'll personally take off on a two week vacation starting next week so
> I prefer to not do the release until after that, let's say early
> December.

Best regards
Patrik Thunström / patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com