Subject: Re: DNS issue with c-aress.

Re: DNS issue with c-aress.

From: Greg Christopher <gregory_christopher_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:53:40 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
To: c-ares hacking <c-ares_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wed, February 16, 2011 1:22:34 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Dima Tisnek wrote:

> I think Greg's point was that we should use system resolver if it is good.

Perhaps, but I don't think Greg has the full picture of everything and thus I'm
translating it over to the way I speak and think.

I don't know anything about the Windows APIs and resolver functions etc, but I
would just imagine that it will be very hard to make c-ares work the way it does
with its existing API unmodified and yet use native windows functions
underneath.

Greg> I think that's a valid point and you may have to emulate windows behavior
just for localhost.

Greg