Subject: using inet_net_pton.c file in my own library

using inet_net_pton.c file in my own library

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 22:28:23 +0100

Hey,

I'm porting a library using c-ares on Windows XP. It uses inet_pton() but
that function exists only on Vista and later (from MSDN). I would like to
use inet_net_pton.c/h files in my library. More precisely:

1) I want to modify it so that it is specific to windows (so I will rename
the files, remove some include, maybe add some stuff, and rename the
functions)

2) the licence of my library can be read here:

http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser/trunk/PROTO/evil/COPYING
http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/browser/trunk/PROTO/evil/COPYING-PLAIN

Am I allowed to do that ? If yes, should I add something to the copyright
notice of inet_net_pton.c and inet_net_pton.h ?

thank you

Vincent Torri