Subject: Re: c-ares not compiling with mingw32ce

Re: c-ares not compiling with mingw32ce

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:18:40 +0100

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011, Vincent Torri wrote:
>
> here are 2 patches to fix some problems with Windows CE.
>>

> But regular Windows still have errno, shouldn't that still be used? I mean,
> you didn't modify config-win32.h so your patch effectively disable errno for
> everything non-configure...

haa, non configure stuff. Ok. I'm not used at all of your configuration
stuff. I'l add that.

Another questions which are errno-related :

1) in ares_init.c, the macro toolong() is using errno. I don't know how to
manage that for Windows CE (I don't know the code)

2) sometimes errno value is used directly (like toolong() but there are
other places where errno is used directly) sometimes it is SET_ERRNO / ERRNO
(in setup_once.h) which are used. I found that it is a bit inconsistent. Is
it normal ?

Vincent Torri