Subject: Re: c-ares not compiling with mingw32ce

Re: c-ares not compiling with mingw32ce

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:52:16 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Vincent Torri wrote:

> 1) in ares_init.c, the macro toolong() is using errno. I don't know how to
> manage that for Windows CE (I don't know the code)

And there's no documentation anywhere for gethostname() that explains what it
returns?

> 2) sometimes errno value is used directly (like toolong() but there are
> other places where errno is used directly) sometimes it is SET_ERRNO / ERRNO
> (in setup_once.h) which are used. I found that it is a bit inconsistent. Is
> it normal ?

Are you asking if inconsistency is normal? Then yes, it most certainly is. But
it isn't desired.

As you can see SET_ERRNO and ERRNO don't use errno on windows so I guess those
are prefered instead of using errno directly. But I'm not a Windows guy so I
won't proceed and just change them as I can't test such changes myself!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se