Subject: Re: c-ares not compiling with mingw32ce

Re: c-ares not compiling with mingw32ce

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:40:33 +0100

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> This commit
> https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/commit/bd066ab8efa0d43ef002954f4587a195a15ac460
> triggered a build failure. This should now be fixed moving the
> platform stuff to ares_platform.c and ares_platform.h
>
> https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/commit/5b6a188909823cc3366e1e1b1812dfd4de919635

for wince, it's better to not compile Windows desktop stuff. I have attached
one possible fix. There are other ways to do the same thing (at the
beginning of the function: #ifdef _WIN32_WCE return return ARES_ENOTFOUND;
#elif defined WIN32 etc...)

There is still the problem of getservbyport(). And I'm wondering what I
should do for get_res_nt() in ares_init.c. I can write a similar function
for Windows CE. Btw, on Windows, you should check if UNICODE is used or not
for the functions RegEnumKeyEx() and al.

Vincent Torri

PS: I've added a small autotools patch too