Subject: Re: c-ares + IPv6 problem

Re: c-ares + IPv6 problem

From: David Stuart <dstuart_at_counterpath.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 09:21:46 -0400

Hi Daniel,

That patch that you generated seems to have a problem, in that it
contains changes that I didn't make. Perhaps your source code base was
different than mine.

The only reason I didn't work off git and trunk was simply that a) I've
never used git before and frankly my task is busy enough without having
to learn a new tool (I'm on a strict deadline for this week), and b) I
needed to base my work of a stable release, which is why I chose the
link on the website for the snapshot, instead of trunk. I am making an
assumption that what is on the website is tested and stable, moreso than
trunk. Maybe that's wrong?

Anyway, once I've submitted everything into our own local working
repository I'll be happy to get it sorted out with you and get the
changes mainlined.

Let me go through the motions on my end and then I'll try to clean it up
and give you a nice patch to look at based on git (if I can figure that
out).

--
David Stuart, CounterPath
Email: dstuart (at) counterpath (dot) com