Subject: Re: c-ares on iPhone

Re: c-ares on iPhone

From: Patrick Meehan <patrick_at_ziplinegames.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 18:37:52 -0700

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:57 PM, William Ahern
<william_at_25thandclement.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 01:20:48PM -0700, Patrick Meehan wrote:
>> Since neither you nor I have all of the answers I think the hope is
>> that someone else on the list does. Personally I can't imagine a
>> better place to discuss issues involving using c-ares on various
>> platforms, but as it is your forum your rules I will respectfully
>> refrain from bothering you again.
>>

> IMO, before asking questions 'tis better to Google it first. That way you
> come prepared. Otherwise people feel put upon, rightly or wrongly.
>
> I have no idea if this works or not, but found it rather quickly:
>
>        http://www.alexcurylo.com/blog/2009/11/17/iphone-dns/
>
> Please share your results with the list so it'll be archived.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bill

Thanks for the etiquette lesson, Bill.

If you had read my original post I'm sure you would have seen that I
did in fact google the problem and found the blog at
http://iphone.galloway.me.uk/2009/11/iphone-dns-servers/ to which the
post you found refers. We tried the patch to no avail. Hence my
question.

IMO better to read people's original posts before suggesting they just
google for the answer.