Subject: need information : option to set network interface for the DNS requests.

need information : option to set network interface for the DNS requests.

From: arjun sj <arj.sja_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:03:09 +0530

Hi All,

Is there a way in which you can set the network interface to which the DNS
requests can be bound to.
We have a project which requires to use a highpriority streaming session go
through one interface and all the other requests channeled through the
second one.

example: setting 'eth0' so that all the ares requests will go through 'eth0'
and not on 'wlan0'.

I was not able to find any API in c-ares (in ares_init_options() API) that
gives this option of setting interface.

Can you please let me know if there is some way to achive this or if I
missed something.

Thanks,
Arjun