Subject: Re: ld: library not found for -lcares

Re: ld: library not found for -lcares

From: Kristin Roher <kristin.roher_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 00:20:27 -0500

Hi,

I did a google search and it seems as though you can add additional search
paths in xcode under project settings>search paths>library search paths. (I
am new to xcode). I added the path to libcares.a to this and it is still
giving me the same error. Is there any chance that I need to get
libcares.so since I currently do not have that anywhere?

Just in case I made a mistake here, this is exactly the search path that I
added:
-L /Users/knr10/Desktop/Bonic_Src/boinc_core_release_6_12_36
(tag)/mac_build/cares/build/Debug-iphonesimulator

Thanks,
Kristin