Subject: Re: Patch for Android NDK build

Re: Patch for Android NDK build

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 10:10:42 +0200

Hi Wayne,
Am 16.04.2012 02:37, schrieb Wayne Piekarski:
> After reading the discussion in the included link, it seems as though
> some of the older NDKs do not define __ANDROID__ properly.
>
> So if we want c-ares to be compatible with older NDK releases, then we
> should probably test for both __ANDROID__ or ANDROID.
>
> If we want to be compatible only with the latest NDK releases, then only
> __ANDROID__ should be fine.
>
> I'm not sure if there was any similar discussion when the similar patch
> was made to CURL. Perhaps the safest bet would be to check for both?
yes, sure, its no prob checking for both; however I was just on exactly
this topic (I did setup autobuilds for c-ares and curl the last days):
http://curl.haxx.se/dev/builds.html
and I did two other commits to c-ares which only check __ANDROID__ ...
It was my impression that perhaps those who added initially Android
support have used a standard toolchain rather than the NDK one and then
just choosed ANDROID ...
also I would then like to know about my other commits if they are needed
for older toolchains as well, and how it worked without these changes
for others?
Fix for Android to include sys/select.h for fd_set:
https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/commit/4ef145cede844ba0a690219b36fc585d62863bf8
Fix for Android to disable useless arpa/nameser.h:
https://github.com/bagder/c-ares/commit/0d6ef42b5fd717f646b17623d35640871621e448

so thats the reason why I ask ...

Gün.