Subject: socket callbacks

socket callbacks

From: Fredrik Jansson <fredrik.jansson_at_columbitech.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:55:16 +0000

Hi all,

I am interested in using the ares lib but would need an additional socket callback, one that is called right after socket creation before the socket is configured and connected.

Suggestion 1, I add a ares_set_socket_created_callback that takes the same parameters as ares_set_socket_callback.

Suggestion 2, I rename ares_set_socket_callback to ares_set_socket_connected_callback, I believe that would be more informative name when there are two socket callbacks.

Thoughts/opinions on this?

If anyone else is interested in this I'd be happy to supply patches.

Best regards,
Fredrik Jansson