Subject: Re: Thoughts on exposing TTL in more of the ares_parse_*_reply interfaces?

Re: Thoughts on exposing TTL in more of the ares_parse_*_reply interfaces?

From: Tommie Gannert <tommie_at_spotify.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 11:41:06 +0200

2013/7/4 Mark Delany <e9y_at_bravo.emu.st>

> I hate to throw this into the mix, but a refactor of this to but the
> common code, in a common place could simplify the API internals quite a
> bit.

I answered these emails backwards, but anyway...

Refactoring parsing -- good. Making it more consistent, and reusing code.

a) Making sure any sort of changes like this meet with general approval;

For good and bad, the threshold is low. If it doesn't break functionality
and is readable, it seems OK.

> c) how to make sure no regression bugs are introduced (I don't see any
> comprehensive

tests).

Not much tests, but I would say the parsing functions would be a good place
to start.

Finally, is this a dead topic and folk are being polite? I don't seem
> much feedback.

And now, even I've been quiet for the duration of my vacation. :)

I would say this is a vacation thing, it's not usually this silent.

--
Tommie Gannert