Subject: Re: Multilib issue with c-ares

Re: Multilib issue with c-ares

From: Jakub Hrozek <jhrozek_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 21:30:14 +0200

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 04:28:54PM +0000, Gregor Jasny wrote:
> Hello
>
> On 8/26/13 4:43 PM, "Markus Rothe" <markus_at_unixforces.net> wrote:
>
> >I have a problem using c-ares in a multilib environment, for which I
> >found a patch in Fedora that does not seem to have found its way
> >upstream.

Hi,

I actually sent the patch upstream:
http://c-ares.haxx.se/mail/c-ares-archive-2010-06/0009.shtml

After re-reading the discussion 3 years later, it sounds to me like it
simply stalled. So for now I keep carrying it as vendor specific c-ares
patch.

> In Debian I just installed the ares_build.h header into the arch-specific
> include path:
>
> /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/ares_build.h
>
> /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/ares_build.h
>

> But an instruction size clean header would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Well, the Red Hat multiarch approach can be...fun...sometimes. At least
for certain definitions of fun.

(Think of doxygen documentation that differs in nothing but timestamps etc)