Subject: Re: Multilib issue with c-ares

Re: Multilib issue with c-ares

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 22:06:41 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

>>> I have a problem using c-ares in a multilib environment, for which I found
>>> a patch in Fedora that does not seem to have found its way upstream.
>
> I actually sent the patch upstream:
> http://c-ares.haxx.se/mail/c-ares-archive-2010-06/0009.shtml
>
> After re-reading the discussion 3 years later, it sounds to me like it
> simply stalled. So for now I keep carrying it as vendor specific c-ares
> patch.

I can't remember why it didn't go in then, quite likely I simply dropped the
ball.

Now that patch doesn't apply any longer and when I fix it manually it still
causes a compiler warning since there's now code using CARES_SIZEOF_LONG. I
assume you do something else in Fedora/Red hat?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se