Subject: Re: integration of c-ares into various file descriptor based main loops

Re: integration of c-ares into various file descriptor based main loops

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:44:03 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, Jakub Hrozek wrote:

> Maybe you could also include libverto. It's relatively new event loop
> library that encapsulates other event loop approaches as back ends. It's
> being used by MIT Kerberos and GSS-Proxy among others.

I would say that the most sensible thing for a library to do is to provide
callbacks for what file descriptors to wait for (ADD, REMOVE, MODIFY)
activities on, and what those activities are. And a separate one that sets a
timeout timer if necessary.

That should be possible to make work with any event library or select() /
poll() or whatever out there.

Not completely out of coincidense, that's the API libcurl provides for doing
event-based operations...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se