Subject: Re: Need help in building the C-ares on windows

Re: Need help in building the C-ares on windows

From: Arif Ali <arif.ali.syed_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 23:58:07 +0530

Hello,
         I hadn't located README.msvc before now I have located it.
tries the steps mentioned in it but when i try nmake.exe

it gives an error that "Dont know how to build ares_build.h"

I searched for ares_build.h and did not find this file instead I found

ares_build.h.in
ares_build.h.dist

What is "CONFIGURE CAPABLE" ?

I tried making a copy of ares_build.h.in and then rename it to
ares_build.h,
and then tried nmake.exe but it still did not work.

It threw following error
"nmake fatal error u1077"

-Arif

-Arif