Subject: Re: Patch: support for AIX /etc/netsvc.conf

Re: Patch: support for AIX /etc/netsvc.conf

From: Jakub Hrozek <jhrozek_at_redhat.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 21:04:51 +0100

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 04:23:46PM +0100, Leif Thuresson wrote:
> Added minimal support for AIX /etc/netsvc.conf file
> regards,
> /Leif

Hi Leif,

thank you very much for the patch!

Unfortunately I don't have access to an AIX machine, but one idea I have
would be to enable the code only conditionally, similar to how there are
blocks for android, Win-32 and other platforms.

Also, given that the function already does more than init by a file
called resolv.conf, another patch might rename the function to something
like init_by_system_config() or similar. Since the function is static,
that would be safe, I guess.