Subject: Re: Patch: support for AIX /etc/netsvc.conf

Re: Patch: support for AIX /etc/netsvc.conf

From: Leif Thuresson <leif.thuresson_at_foxt.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 21:18:05 +0100

On 07/12/14 21:04, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 04:23:46PM +0100, Leif Thuresson wrote:
>> Added minimal support for AIX /etc/netsvc.conf file
>> regards,
>> /Leif
> Hi Leif,
>
> thank you very much for the patch!
>
> Unfortunately I don't have access to an AIX machine, but one idea I have
> would be to enable the code only conditionally, similar to how there are
> blocks for android, Win-32 and other platforms.
>
> Also, given that the function already does more than init by a file
> called resolv.conf, another patch might rename the function to something
> like init_by_system_config() or similar. Since the function is static,
> that would be safe, I guess.
Yes if you think it is more appropriate to include AIX specific support
conditionally I have no problem with that.
I only did it this way (unconditionally) because I looked at how it was
done for /etc/svc.conf on Tru64
which is also an odd platform nowadays.
Do you want me to update the patch or will you fix this yourself?
Thanks,
/Leif