Subject: Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

From: Brad House <brad_at_mainstreetsoftworks.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:55:47 -0500

>> Would it make sense to create a new release?
>
> Yes it would!
>
> There have been a bunch of patches flying around that I personally haven't paid much attention to. Is there anything important we should make sure to get done before we ship ?

There was a patch by cosmo.shih_at_gmail.com that hit the mailing list in May 2014
that fixed some Windows DNS issues with disabled interfaces. It doesn't appear
that ever hit Git master.

We've been using that patch in production for the last year or so and it definitely
corrected the issues we were having. We stripped out the
RegQueryValueEx -> RegQueryValueExA changes though as we didn't have time to
evaluate such implications, the other part of the patch is the fix we cared
about ...

-Brad