Subject: Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

Re: Timeline for a new c-ares release

From: Brad House <brad_at_mainstreetsoftworks.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 22:21:58 -0500

>> Would it make sense to create a new release?
>
> Yes it would!
>
> There have been a bunch of patches flying around that I personally haven't paid much attention to. Is there anything
> important we should make sure to get done before we ship ?

I also ran across this patch which may be useful when not using select() or
poll() to monitor the file descriptors, but rather epoll() in EPOLLET mode
(Edge Triggered), or using FreeBSD kqueue()'s which are always edge triggered:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.network.dns.c-ares/965

It didn't appear this patch ever made it into Git either even though it is
from 2012.

I haven't yet attempted to try the patch myself, but probably will in the next
week or two as I'm in the process of integrating c-ares into an epoll() and
kqueue() event based system.

-Brad