Subject: Anyone want to add libcares support to wget?

Anyone want to add libcares support to wget?

From: Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 14:11:46 -0700

I have a feature request that would likely be most
easily implemented by adding libcares support to the wget tool.

The feature is basically: Allow specifying local IP to bind to,
and specific DNS to use on the cmd line when using wget to download a web site
(recursively, to emulate a browser loading a page with images, etc).

Something like:

wget -l 0 -r --bind-address 88.1.1.10 --bind-dns-address 88.1.1.10 --dns-servers "88.2.1.1,88.2.1.2" http://88.1.1.1/

curl can do this with one URL, but I don't think it can easily be made to
download image content and similar.

If anyone is looking for a side project and wants to give this a try, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

--