Subject: Re: Release coming up!

Re: Release coming up!

From: David Drysdale via c-ares <c-ares_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 10:28:16 +0100

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2016, David Drysdale via c-ares wrote:
>
>> [Both merged; thanks for taking a look]
>

> That made me think. Do you think we should bump the version number for the
> pending release to 1.12.0 because of this new ARES_OPT_NOROTATE value?

That probably makes sense -- I think the change is generally
back-compatible, but
there is a slight API extension (in that a new bit can now show up in
the optmask).

>> One other thing to revisit: it would be good to get AppVeyor builds set up
>> for the official GitHub repo, so we get more Windows coverage. I don't
>> think I've got the relevant permissions, so this probably needs Daniel to
>> investigate.
>

> I have no idea how to make that happen! =( I'm a member of 7 organizations
> on github and I have an appveyor account (as I already have that configued
> for curl). If I go to that account and try to add a new project for c-ares,
> I can select from numerous of my ~40 github repositories *except* from the
> ones in the c-ares organization. The c-ares org doesn't even show there.
>
> So it seems I somehow lack the permissions too!?

That's awkward :-(

The AppVeyor teams info [1] talks about integration with GitHub teams, but
c-ares is an organization rather than a team, so maybe that's not helpful.

[2] implies you need to set up a separate AppVeyor account for c-ares
with email+password rather than GitHub integration, so maybe try that?

D.

[1] https://www.appveyor.com/docs/team-setup/
[2] http://help.appveyor.com/discussions/questions/1154-appveyor-account-for-github-organizations