Subject: [c-ares/c-ares] Adding feature ares_getaddrinfo (#112) (fwd)

[c-ares/c-ares] Adding feature ares_getaddrinfo (#112) (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:36:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I think this newly submitted pull request by Christian Ammer is worth some
extra attention (this function/feature has been requested multiple times in
the past) so I'm forwarding this to the list.

--- snip ---

Currently AF_UNSPEC is not well supported by ares. This Pull Request is a
first attempt of an implementation of `ares_getaddrinfo`. Many details of the
RFC described `getaddrinfo` are not implemented, however I think it's good
enough for a starting point. It gets tested through:

[ RUN ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTestAI.FamilyV6/0
[ OK ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTestAI.FamilyV6/0 (1 ms)
[ RUN ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTestAI.FamilyV4/0
[ OK ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTestAI.FamilyV4/0 (1 ms)
[ RUN ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTestAI.FamilyUnspecified/0
[ OK ] AddressFamilies/MockChannelTestAI.FamilyUnspecified/0 (2 ms)

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

   https://github.com/c-ares/c-ares/pull/112