Subject: Re: Time for a new c-ares release yet?

Re: Time for a new c-ares release yet?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 11:16:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2018, David Hotham wrote:

> I notice that while you are saying that you don't consider yourself senior
> enough to make such decisions, Daniel has expressed his hope that others
> will step up... it seems to me that we have a square peg and a square hole
> here! If you and the other maintainers are willing, may I suggest that
> considering yourself sufficiently senior could be a real help in widening
> the bottleneck?

I'm certainly *for* letting more people in to get commit access in order to
make things happen. I don't think we gain anything by setting the bar for this
too high.

That said, even without anyone new getting any more access though, it will
help a lot if we all just help out with testing, reviewing and commenting on
issues and pull-requests so that they who can merge them get more feedback and
information about their general status.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se